Thursday, December 22, 2011

Mr. Cohen

The first time I heard about Leonard Cohen, I was in university - believe it or not, he was a part of the curriculum of my first university course on contemporary Canada. A Canadian legend, my professor explained how Mr. Cohen was also known to be quite the "ladies man" and how, on a flight to one of his homes in the Greek islands, a flight attendant he had become chatty with, had decided to leave with him by the end of the flight.
Leonard Cohen is known for his poetry and song, but what made me fall in love with him was the way in which he tells a story. There's something magical about him, I of course not being the first (or last) woman to see that in him.
A little while ago I came across this video from George Stroumboulopoulos' site on Mr. Cohen and thought I'd share the link here. Be inspired by the story he tells and don't be surprised if you too fall in love. Click here.

No comments: