Saturday, March 9, 2013

A New Chapter


Today was the day. On the train into work this morning my tummy was in knots, because today was going to be the day I would tell my boss that I was resigning, after seven years of being with the company.

The conversation was difficult, but it had to be done, and now it's over and this is all become so much more real! No more keeping this secret, the whole world can know now that I am leaving!

The past seven years have been a rollercoaster ride - on both a personal and professional level. Such highs and a few lows, with lots of learning in between.

The day came when I knew it was time to leave, to jump ship, to move on. I figured out a plan, and now the plan is unfolding before my eyes. A friend recently said to me, "Wow, you just decide you're going to do something and then you do it!" Yup.

Next week I will list my house for sale, over the next month or so I will be looking for a condo to rent, and on May 6th I will become a full-time student at university.  At the end of December I will finally have my communications degree.

Following that, who knows? I'm comfortable in the uncertainty of it all. I'm a little scared but a lot excited. I plan to attend one, maybe two, travel blogging conferences throughout the summer, and I've been thinking that I may want to finish up my life coach training too. I'm not sure how it's all going to work out, but I do know that I will be doing things that are meaningful to me.

The possibilities are endless!

No comments: