Friday, June 3, 2011

My Dad


Today I found out that my dad died. Last year. Sometime. I can't remember the last time I wrote the words "my" and "dad" together. Probably never. My mom had located my half-brother and he told her.

My dad had four kids from two relationships and chose not to know any of them. I remember him when I was really little, and have nothing but good memories. Lots of them. My brother isn't as fortunate, he has no memories, he was so young. Just questions. Still. That's what had led to my mom looking for my half-brother..

I am sad. I'm sad that my dad apparently died alone. He chose a life of seclusion. At the expense of his kids. What a waste of a life. I'm sad that my brother was cheated out of having a father. He deserved to have a dad, still does.

A chapter is closed.. RIP Thomas James Greene.

1 comment:

Marj said...

A hug for you at this sad time. My thoughts are with you and your family, especially your brother.

xoxo